Continuing information from the previous post…
Members of the public are invited to attend a series of lectures by world-class chefs and food experts, inspired by the Harvard College General Education course “Science and Cooking: From Haute Cuisine to the Science of Soft Matter.”
The lectures, while related to the course, are not a replication of the course content.
- All talks will take place in the Harvard Science Center at 1 Oxford Street, Cambridge, MA (unless otherwise noted).
- All talks will begin at 7 p.m. (unless otherwise noted).
- Each talk will begin with a 15-minute lecture by a member of the course staff, which will discuss one of the scientific topics from that week’s class.
- Seating for all lectures (except the ticketed lecture with Ferran Adrià on December 3) is first come, first seated. In previous years, many of the talks were already full before they started, but we have a larger lecture hall this year, and can therefore accommodate more people.
- Questions regarding the public lecture series: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lectures will be available for viewing live online. Watch the live stream.Past archives are available here:
- Science and Cooking aprons will be available for purchase at all public lectures for $15 (cash or check).